Wednesday, April 13, 2011

There will be repercussions when he is older

So I said to myself, Self, maybe we should stop calling our son, The Kraken, at least to his face. It may cause some harm when he figures out what that means. Deal? Deal.

With my multiple personalities having reached a simpatico, I woke up this morning to my wonderful Kraken (I said to his face) calling out, “Momma, get me outta here!” Ahh, my favorite sentence to hear at 6am. Dragging my weary body from my bedroom to his, I smiled and gently opened the gate blocking the door.

“What are you doing momma? I no say RELEASE THE KRAKEN! You no open the gate yet. What are you doing? In the morning we have to RELEASE THE KRAKEN! This is no good. This is no good. What a bad bad bad day.”

So I said to myself, Self, don’t ruin the kid’s day.

I replaced the gate, walked back to my room, sat on my bed and waited. “Momma, get me outta here!” Dragging my weary, yet slightly more awake body from my bedroom to his, I smiled and asked, “What do we say?”

“RELEASE THE KRAKEN!”

And so I did.

2 comments:

  1. My gosh - he is hysterical. Release the Kraken...hahahahahaha. I think it's awesome. It's really going to be one of those special family things you remember forever.

    ps - I LOVE your blog. It is so clear where the Kraken gets his way with words. I can't wait until the Siren starts talking!

    ReplyDelete