Sunday, November 14, 2010

Gosh Darn It!

We went through the McDonald's drive thru today and ordered The Kraken chicken nuggets, apples and milk in his Happy meal. We didn't notice until we got home that they had neglected to put the nuggets in the box. So, my husband and the Kraken went back to remedy the situation. Here is the conversation that followed.

"Ok, Let's go inside and get your chicken nuggets."

"GOSH DARN IT, Daddy."

"No, son. Let's be nice to the lady."

"Oh. No GOSH DARN IT? Come on daddy."

"Be nice."

"Ok daddy. Nice to the lady. Good idea."

I guess The Kraken was nice because he returned with chicken nuggets and a second toy. I'm pretty sure he didn't learn the GOSH DARN IT technique from me, the slightly spineless, non-confrontational, quiet, avoidance is key momma. I guess my only question is where did he first see this behavior modeled. Because whoever got the harsh treatment probably needs an apology from me . . . or maybe from the Kraken.

1 comment:

  1. Oh...I say that all the time...that is why E calls one of his toys Darn it...when we were trying to win it out of a machine I kept saying Darn It...now he thinks the ball is Darn it...Hope I didn't model this to the Kraken...

    ReplyDelete