Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mommy Brain Tries to Ruin my Workout

My brain has decided to boycott 8 digit numbers. So when I choose to brave the workout room for a much needed trip on the elliptical, I stood at the keypad attempting my code over and over and over and over. Rejection is never fun even if it comes from a dumb door. To add insult to injury after each failed attempt I was allowed to listen to an annoying ‘beep beep beep’ while the system reset. And if that wasn’t indication enough that I was incorrect there was the red flashing light of doom denying my entry. But I think my favorite part about being reminded that my brain sucks was the woman walking on the treadmill who refused to look in my direction. She saw me. She knew I was there. She has seen me in the gym before. Thanks lady. Just for future reference if I was going to kill you I wouldn’t be wearing my very best zip up hoodie. Enjoy your walk while I put on my angry eyes.

I did eventually remember my code. I entered the inner sanctum triumphant. The lady on the treadmill apologized for not helping me. She has a bum knee and didn’t want to fall flat on her face while running to my rescue. Wow, I’m a judgmental prick. I turned off my angry eyes and enjoyed my workout.

For the record, I was struggling with 4 of the 8 digits in my code. Turns out those 4 digits are the same as my apartment number. Apparently the management decided this would help people remember their codes. Boy are they stupid.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to the judgmental part...God is good and merciful to us...

    glad you got to work out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a reoccurring nightmare where I am back in high school (nightmare part one) and I can't remember the combination to my locker. It's very upsetting.

    I've been locked out of my debit card because all of a sudden I get the pin mixed up and can't figure it out. It just comes and goes...

    BTW - you're my hero for actually going to the gym. Yea you!

    ReplyDelete