Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Goodnight. Sleep Tight.

My son has an inordinate amount of crap in his bed. It’s a plush toy extravaganza, one barks, one sings, the rest are silent but all are necessary and must be accounted for. So, tonight when we tucked the Kraken in bed, Daddy carried my son and I carried . . . two Bas (his blankets, one blue, one green), Amy the giraffe, Mugong the seal, Scout the singing dog, E.O. (really his name is Otis) the teddy bear, Otis’ Big Brother (yep that’s his name) also a teddy bear, Annie also a dog, Daddy Doggy the newest addition, and a barking doggy puppet who shall remain nameless.

Phew, I’m exhausted.

I kissed my Cherub’s little head and said goodnight. “Momma?” he said. “Have Momma’s Ba too? I might need it.” Sure son, you may also have my blanket. You are right there is way too much extra space in that big boy bed of yours. You might get cold.

If you check on the Kraken throughout the night you would find him totally uncovered and his nighttime pals strew all over the floor. Apparently the thought of being surrounded by friends is great, but in practice the Kraken likes his space.

1 comment:

  1. Natalie and Abby's beds are also stuffed to the gills. I figure as long as it all fits...

    ReplyDelete