Thursday, February 17, 2011

Not What Lance had in Mind

You know those rubber bracelets people wear, generally in support of a charity, made famous by Lance Armstrong with his yellow ‘livestrong’ organization? Well, the Kraken has found an interesting new use for them.

Amy, a stuffed giraffe, has been my son’s favorite stuffed animal recently. She generally wears a diaper that momma has to change every morning. Diapers are expensive, and I am cheap. I decided it was high time to potty train. Hooray. It went well. Amy was wearing big boy underwear in no time. The only problem is I actually have to take Amy to the potty and pretend she goes. Like I have time for that.

Well, maybe not the only problem. The Kraken realized his little Siren sister is lacking a penis. My explanation of ‘boys have a penis and girls do not’ seemed to make sense to him, until Amy started using the toilet. Despite the name, my son has determined Amy is a boy and is therefore missing something. Being a resourceful boy, the Kraken easily remedied the missing situation.

Amy now stuffs her tighty whiteys with a yellow livestrong bracelet. Makes sense to me.

2 comments:

  1. This made me chuckle and I needed a chuckle...ha...I love you KK and I love your writing skills and I love your little family. I love that little boy and little girl so much that I can't even explain it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. An update to this blog . . . Amy is a girl. Stuffing was too tedious it turns out.

    ReplyDelete