Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Star Wars (Part 1)

My son is really into Star Wars. He and my husband bond a couple evenings a week over this epic battle of good versus evil. And even though I’m not sure the movie content is the best for a three year old brain to comprehend, I am very thankful my boys are spending quality man time together. (For the record, they don’t watch Anikan burn to a crisp in the lave pits then be rebuilt as Darth Vader as Padme goes through a very painful birth of twins then dies. That is one boundary I can draw. I am such a good momma!)

That being said, I never was prepared for the onslaught of questions that would assault me daily: Who is Count Dooku? What color is his light saber? Why was Anikan Skywalker a good guy then a bad guy with new name Darth Vader then back to good guy? Do Ewoks live on our moon? Can we visit the Degoba system? Will Darth Vader change his name back to Anikan? What do Yoda’s feet look like? Where did The Emperor get his powers? Do Ewoks bite? Does Yoda know he talks to Darth Sidious? If Yoda and Jar Jar Binks have a baby, what would it look like? By the time 7pm rolls around I hardly remember my own name let alone the planet on which I reside. I am so thankful there are only 5 movies from which he can pull his questions from. Whew. I’m exhausted.

The best question by far was witnessed by my brother, who I happened to be calling when The Kraken’s handsome little face looked at me and said, “Who is more powerful, God or Emperor Palpatine?” My brother answered the phone just in time to hear me so wittily answer, “Well, since God created Emperor Palpatine, God is more powerful.” That seemed to appease the beast for about 35 seconds. Just enough time to finish my phone call.

2 comments:

  1. I want to know what Yoda's feet look like too. Can you please include that in the Part 2 of the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do some research and get back to ya!

    ReplyDelete