Friday, July 16, 2010

The General

My husband. My better half. What can I say about the General? For one thing he likes to be entertained at all times. His idea of relaxation is a quick marathon or a day of running errands or a trip to the zoo with two kids or hosting a party for 100 of his closest friends. Mine is a nap.


When I first started talking about writing more consistently, my husband was totally on board and supportive. He is one of the biggest reasons I decided to take the blogging plunge. I guess he just didn’t realize that I wouldn’t be the best conversationalist or activities director while writing.

During a recent car trip, after about 20 minutes and 300 interruptions, I said something to the effect of, “It is impossible for what is left of my brain to write witty stories and talk at the same time.” To which he responded . . .

“Turns out I love you so much I can’t ignore you.” Don't I just feel like a jerk.

2 comments:

  1. The general is so full of life and vim and vigor. Can't help but love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. It's true. Life is never boring.

    ReplyDelete