Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Who was that moron?

Each day I wake up and decide how I am going to balance a 5 month old who needs consistent naps and trips to the buffet every three hours with a 2 year old who literally gets cabin fever and can't can't can't stop moving. Usually I time naps for Rosie with park adventures for the Kraken. My sweet baby girl sleeps peacefully whilst my son terrorizes some poor unsuspecting public play yard. Unfortunately, little miss diva emerges when her ideal outdoor temperature rises too high. Apparently we have reached maximum sweat allowance.

Today we went to the mall, which doesn't, by the way, have a play ground (who knew such a mall existed) so my son could walk around, socialize, flirt, possibly run and my diva could sleep in air conditioned comfort. Here's how that went . . .

(In order of appearance) -- Young toddler : evil laughter, delight, sprinting toward escalator, smiling, ecstatic. Diva : snoring, bliss, riding in very large double stroller, smiling, clueless. Momma : yelling, panic, pushing very large double stroller, sweating, worried.

I got to the escalator just one step fast enough to prevent disaster, but not before attracting the attention of everyone within a 20 foot radius. Some of whom I am certain decided to converse about my parenting skills.

We went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment