Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I don't wanna go and you can't make me. So there. Take that.

I am awake and it’s not a good day. I am extra tired. I am extra grumpy. And I am pretty sure at some point I am going to vomit. So, I’m not going and you can’t make me. And I’m not a bad mother because it is going to rain any second, I can feel it in my bones. And I’m pretty sure the kids will both need naps, and we won’t be able to make it anyway. Ok. I guess I’ll get out of bed now.

Alright. Fine. We’ll go. Let’s load up kids, but if I vomit in the car don’t say I didn’t warn you. And I didn't pack any extra undies so if I am hit by a bout of intestinal distress the day is done. Over. And don’t ever say I didn’t love you Mr. Kraken. Just know this is all for you and your social butterfly ways.

We are on time to the play date at the park, but I take an extra lap around a random neighborhood just so a crowd has gathered and we can sneak in. All the other mothers look nice enough, and yet sweat is dripping down my back. Please don’t puke on anyone. Please don’t puke on anyone. Hopefully no one notices that I am shaking. Please let it rain. Please let this be over. HELP!

The Kraken had a great time! Hooray. Rosie was patient as always. Hooray. I’m still alive. That’s nice. Now get me the heck out of here.

Kip the Dip : Busting through social anxiety one play date at a time since 2008.

1 comment: