Sunday, May 8, 2011

Best Day Ever

This morning I slept in until 9am because my husband is a saint. I awoke, took a long hot shower and emerged from my bedroom into a clean house because my husband loves me. The kids’ bathroom didn’t smell of urine but of a nice lemony fresh scent because my husband knows I hate the smell, however faint, of pee in the morning. (Yes, The Kraken is still having an aiming issue, which is less of an aiming issue and more of an attention span issue. Four seconds straight is just way too long for any Kraken to stand without wiggling, am I right?) The post out of town wedding explosion had been cleaned out of the minivan and sorted into piles because my husband is my best friend. (It should be a bit obvious by now that “Gifts of Service” is my love language. The General was speaking it big time!)

After surveying the tidy home that normally resembles a crash site, I was greeted with laughter and hugs from the two most adorable children in the whole entire world. And no, not biased at all. They are the cutest. Ever. Deal with it.

My dad, bless his heart, agreed to watch my cutest, albeit most active, two kids all by himself while The General and I headed off to spend our free tickets to Cirque du Soleil! Awesome! I shall say it again, AWESOME! When we arrived home, my children were still alive. (Not a surprise. I had total faith.) My dad was still alive. (A bit of a surprise.) He said the afternoon went really well, even mentioning something about when he babysits the next time. (A HUGE surprise. I figured after four hours alone with my kiddos he would run away and never look back. That is, after all, what I do.) Thanks dad!

My husband cooked dinner because he my soul mate. And as I sat in a kitchen I didn’t clean, eating a splendid well balanced dinner I hadn’t prepared, my little Kraken looked up and said, “Momma, may I hug you?” Um, yeah. He laid his curly cherub noggin on my shoulder and said, “Happy Mother’s Day, Mom.” My heart melted. “I so sweet.” Yes, my son, you are the sweetest thing ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment