Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Battle of Wits has Begun

The Kraken and his daddy often get in fights. I’m gonna go out on a limb here and suggest they argue because they are in fact the same person born 28 years apart. Today I began a ‘scavenger hunt’ activity with my son where he had to find the items I named from a group of pictures. Our game was interrupted by my pesky villain ‘dinner preparation.’ Not my favorite time of day, but alas both the men in my life being to melt if their bellies start rumbling, and so I go. Play time over. Needless to say, The Kraken wasn’t quite done so daddy took over picking items for hunting. Minutes later I heard . . .

“Momma said yes!”

“No, that isn’t a snowman.”

“YES daddy. Momma said YES! AHHHHHH.”

“Kraken, that isn’t a snowman. It’s a mouse.”

“Momma said yes, that IS snowman.”

“Honey, come here. Is this a snowman?”

Over I came, a little irritated but a little intrigued. My little Kraken is a crafty little thing. He doesn’t often push so hard unless he is right. The picture tile in question was that of a cartoon mouse. However, in the background there lives a very small snowman. The Kraken wins. “See daddy. Momma says yes. That IS snowman.” Huge smile.

I’m going to start keeping a tally of how often The Kraken wins these battles of wit. If only for my own amusement. Or maybe for my pocketbook. Now taking bets!

1 comment:

  1. good one! miss you guys. miss that Kraken and Siren.

    ReplyDelete