Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tomorrow is Another Day

It was ‘one of those days.’ OK, so maybe it was one of those nights followed by one of those days. And the crappy night was, dare I say, my fault. I stayed up way too late watching a hockey game that didn’t turn out so well. I was hoping my children would arise from their night slumbers the perfect angels that I see when I look at them. Instead, the Kraken woke up as a two year old amidst the stress only potty training can produce. My sweet little Siren was a big ball of grouch today. Totally uncharacteristic and extremely worrisome if she weren’t cutting four teeth. Four. I’d be pissed off too. So, needless to say I was tired. The kids weren’t accommodating, which left me yearning for a ‘reset’ button. Maybe if we could start this day over it would all be better.

To make matters worse ‘white death’ was upon us. Now I have total confidence in my driving abilities in the snow (or so I tell myself), but I’m not about to take my children out with the crazies that can’t handle the pressure. No play date for us. Lunch came crawling by and momma decided nap time would be enforced for all today. The Kraken threw a fit as usual. “No quiet time. No like quiet time. Have to pee. Have to poop. My brain hurts (while grabbing his ankle). My jammies are dirty. No have my Ba. My doggie is too loud.” And on and on and on and on. Then suddenly SILENCE. Ahh.

One hour later . . . “Momma? Let me out?” Then the Kraken’s sweet cherub face peeks around the corner. “Thanks momma. Quiet time is fun. Kraken played and played. Rosie no take my toys. Take a nap. Kraken feels better.” How sweet, right? Right.

Well, the sweetness lasted for about three more minutes. The two year old irrational emotional beast reemerged and my sweet baby girl woke up as sour as never before. Funny thing is I love my ‘job’ and those babies. I’ll take ‘one of those days’ anytime . . . except maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment