Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Yorch

My son has a four-spot favorite stuffed animal rotation. Each morning he picks his favorite, feeds the chosen one breakfast, changes its diaper and finally sets him up in front of the TV to watch Mickey Mouse. Amy, a giraffe, has been the golden child as of late, but Mugong, a seal, Scout, his singing dog, and E.O., a Christmas teddy bear, all get their days in the sun.

Well, the balance of power has shifted. The Kraken received a stuffed horse for Christmas and promptly agreed to name him George, or if you are 2 and a half, ‘Yorch’. Each day my son picks his favorite and then allows Yorch to tag along.

Yorch seems to fit in well with this family. For one, he doesn’t sleep. After George's first night in a new house, I was informed “Yorch no sleep at all momma. Kept me up all night. He potty everywhere. Wet wet wet.” After a short laugh I suggested we must potty train Yorch. To which the Kraken responded, “Yeah. Humphf. That’s good idea.”

Apparently my son wasn’t patient enough to wait for Yorch to be toilet trained. The next morning I asked if George had slept any better. “I don’t know,” he replied frankly. “Made Yorch sleep in living room. No want be up all night again. Need my rest momma.” Very true, Kraken. Very true.

At this point I sorta wanted to mention something about how momma needs rest since he and his little Siren sister have kept me up most nights for the better part of two years, or three if you want to count pregnancy crap, which I do. But then I realized he’s 2 and a half. The point would probably be lost on him. That or he would force himself to sleep in the living room. I’ve slept on that couch, not very comfy.

1 comment:

  1. Your kid is amazing. I can't believe he comes up with this stuff. Hysterical.

    I bet he and the girls would have so much fun with each other now...

    ReplyDelete