Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bring on the Open Houses

Last week I took the kids to visit a family member. The Kraken was in a very talkative mood as usual and was chatting away as I turned onto the street of our destination. “For Heaven sake!” the Kraken exclaimed. “What’s the matter, Kraken?” I even turned around to look at him. We have been in the midst of potty training boot camp so my first thought was that I needed to bust out the emergency pants. “Oh, momma, these houses are beautiful!” Well, he was correct. We had just driven into quite a stunning neighborhood. I’m just not sure where he learned the phrase ‘for Heaven sake.’

After saying our ‘hellos’ and playing for about a half hour, the Kraken announced he needed to pee. Off we went to a newly remodeled bathroom. “Oh, momma, this bathroom is nice, nice, nice!” Once again, my son, you are correct. I just never knew you really cared much about bathroom decor. Potty time was successful. Let’s go play.

The Kraken mentioned how much he appreciated the work that was done in the bathroom, which led to a tour of the rest of the house’s new renovations, mostly in the master bedroom/bathroom. About every 10 feet my little guy would gush, “Gorgeous! This is gorgeous.” No, I’m not making this up. My 2.5 year old son likes granite counter tops and walk-in closets and spa tubs and double sinks. They are gorgeous. Hilarious!

What does this mean? . . . Looks like I found my house shopping buddy!

1 comment:

  1. That is hysterical. Future architect or...interior designer? At least you know he will be well entertained when you do start the house hunt!

    ReplyDelete